During your Heavy Vehicle Apprenticeship programme, you will be required to attend Scania’s state-of-the-art Training centre. The Scania Training Centre is one of their worldwide Training Centres of Excellence which is the biggest automotive training facility in the UK. You will visit the Training Centre for 18 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the 3-year programme. All travel expenses to and from the centre, together with the costs of the hotel accommodation, are paid for by Scania GB.
Alongside your apprenticeship training, you will complete a series of Scania recognised product-training courses, which when completed allow you to achieve a Scania Technician status.
As Scania’s dedicated training partner, Remit Group will deliver comprehensive training to all Apprentices periodically throughout the 3-year programme. During these training sessions, your dedicated Development Coach will review your progress, set SMART targets, and identify any additional support that you may require.
To embed your knowledge further, as part of the apprenticeship programme, Functional Skills in English and Mathematics will be provided to ensure you have that essential knowledge, skills, and understanding to enable you to operate confidently in the workplace environment.
As a result, you will achieve:
- IMI Level 3 Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician
- Functional Skills Qualifications (if applicable) in English and maths
Number of views (198)
Article rating: No rating
The overall aim of the role, value added by the role, reason role is required in the company. The programme will equip the individuals with the skills and knowledge required to work within Engineering specifically in warehouse / distribution environment.
Shifts to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 40.00
Level 3 - Engineering Technician standard:
- An employer approved Level 2 Foundation Competence qualification
- An employer approved Level 3 Development Competence qualification
- An employer approved Level 3 Development Technical Knowledge qualification
- Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking end point assessment
Level 3 (A level)