Working in the Wakefield Adult Education Centre at Manygates you will assist the Technical Support Officer with recording and resolving ICT issues and faults, and maintaining ICT equipment across the local authority sites.
A Traineeship is an education and training programme with work experience that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core are work preparation training, English and maths for those who need it, and a high quality work experience placement.
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and give you the work preparation training, maths and English and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or other job.
This Traineeship opportunity is unwaged.
Training to be provided
Under supervision, you will learn how to:
- Record and resolve ICT faults
- Update the service desk software with progress, actions and resolutions
- Support local and wide area networks by providing a desktop Helpdesk Support service
- Assist with the installation of new computer equipment and services, software, hardware and upgrades
- Carry out minor repairs to hardware and accessories
- Maintain, clean and service equipment to operational schedules