If you, or someone in your family, are having problems with drugs or alcohol, contact the following organisation for their help:
- Al-Anon https://al-anon.org/newcomers/teen-corner-alateen
- Change, Grow, Live www.changegrowlive.org/content/wakefield-young-peoples-drug-alcohol-service
- Turning Point www.turning-point.co.uk/services/wakefield
We are the Young Person, Families and Carers Service in Wakefield. With a base in Wakefield City Centre, we also offer a district outreach service to community settings and external agencies in partnership with Family Action and South West Yorkshire Partnership Foundation Trust.
The Young Persons, Young Adults, Families & Carers Drug & Alcohol Service is a dedicated specialist service for those under 25 and their families. Our confidential service covers the Wakefield District and is flexible so we can meet you wherever works for you - school, youth club or somewhere else. We also have a city centre site at Cross Street, Wakefield.
If you are dealing with any issues which you feel are affecting your safety, the following may be of help:
- Bullying www.bullying.co.uk
- Childline www.childline.org.uk
- Rape Crisis www.rapecrisis.org.uk
- Self Harm (support for those impacted by self-harm) www.selfharm.co.uk
- The Calm Zone (self harm support for young men aged 15-35) www.thecalmzone.net
- The Hideout (for children and adults dealing with domestic abuse) www.thehideout.org.uk
- Women's Aid www.womensaid.org.uk