Published on Tuesday, July 13, 2021
Furniture Manufacturing Apprenticeship - Castleford
J W Brownley Limited
Being a Kitchen and Bedroom Furniture Manufacturer is a skilled trade with excellent career opportunities. You will learn a mixture of assembly techniques using a variety of tools and equipment. You must have excellent attention to detail and strive for perfection.
Duties will include:
- Picking from raw materials - gaining knowledge of timber technology
- Working from cutting lists, technical drawings and specifications
- Measuring and marking out components
- Producing pre-assembly work including boring holes and counter sink
- Producing mouldings prior to assembly
- Marking out and cutting hand joints including dovetail, finger and mortice and tenon joints
- Producing prototypes
- Completing assembly including jointing side panels, cross components and fitting tops and bottoms
- Construction of drawer boxes and doors
- Quality checking your work throughout
- Mounting of fixings including hinges, locks and catches
- Sanding ready for finishing
- Operating hand tools including chisels, screwdrivers and mallets
- Operating power tools including hand routers, biscuit jointers and staple guns
- Operating powered machinery including dimension saw, planer, table routers to produce components required for cabinet making
- Final quality control checks
- Some roles you will be required to produce bespoke one-off pieces where in other roles, repetition is to be expected
||Skills required to become a Furniture Manufacturer:
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills to be able to speak to other departments regarding modifying drawings and cutting lists
- Ability and willing to learn skills and production techniques
- Good numeracy skills
- Good problem-solving ability
- Excellent attendance and timekeeping
- Ability to work under pressure
- This is an exciting opportunity for a practical minded person who is looking to start their career in Furniture Manufacturing
- The ideal candidate will be reliable, honest, assertive, willing to learn, a team player and flexible in their approach to work
||None required, however the successful candidate will work towards their Functional Skills in both maths and English if they have not achieved prior or have an equivalent.
|Things to Consider:
- Are you a practical person looking to gain new skills?
- Do you want to be part of a dynamic team?
|Link to Vacancy:
|| Furniture Manufacturing Apprenticeship - Find an apprenticeship (findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk)
||Before you apply for this apprenticeship you must first create an account with the apprenticeship.service.gov.uk website, please follow the link above to vacancy. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
|| 26 Jul 2021
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Furniture Making
- Progression within the organisation with more responsibility
- Operating CAD software
Intermediate Furniture Manufacturer Standard.
During your apprenticeship programme you will receive training both off and on the job. You will be required to attend WEBS Training on Block release basis which is one week roughly every three months, the rest of the time you will be within the work place. You will learn the underpinning knowledge that runs alongside your practical elements of the training. You will use a wide range of techniques whilst you complete a practical project.
WEBS Training aim to build on the skills you already have so you reach your full potential both personally and professionally.
Training will be provided in all areas of Furniture Manufacturing to ensure you are capable of creating practical and bespoke furniture using both traditional and modern techniques and materials to produce aesthetically pleasing and fit for purpose products.
If you have already achieved GCSE maths and English at Grade 4/C or above or have equivalent qualification you will be exempt from undertaking Functional Skills, however English and maths support will be provided for all apprentices throughout the length of their programme.
Rate this article:
Number of views (36)