Published on Tuesday, December 3, 2019
Apprentice Educational Teaching Assistant
THORNHILL COMMUNITY ACADEMY TRUST
- Actively uphold and promote the philosophies of the school
- Ensure progress is clearly recorded in the relevant systems and relates to the learning objectives for students
- Assist with the induction and mentoring of new staff within the remit of the role
- Under the guidance of the teacher, provide one to one support to students or working with groups of students on pre-planned activities, to reinforce the teachers approach
- Assist where required in the planning of learning activities
- Under guidance of the teacher, ensure equipment or materials are suitable for learning activities and prepare materials and teaching aids
- Under the guidance of the teacher, work with individuals or groups of students in accessing the school library and in the use of ICT and other relevant resources to support learning
- Participate in and assist in the supervision of educational visits, in conjunction with the teacher/line manager
- Promote good behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy and encourage students to take responsibility for their behaviour
- Provide support and guidance on a one to one basis or to teams of students in the core skills and curriculum needs
- Actively encourage the inclusion of all students to participate in the life and activities of the school
- Provide individual assistance or assistance within groups through implementing behaviour plans, Individual Education Plans and teaching strategies etc. to maximise their achievements
- As required, to deal with students who require intervention, using de-escalation techniques
- As required, to deal with personal care and comfort and necessary minor medical treatments of students, i.e. toileting and intimate care issues (as per school guidance and direction)
- Contribute to plans, reviews and evaluations of students by writing reports on students’ progress and attendance at meetings
- Provide lunchtime cover as required
- As required by the school, to assist under the direction of the school Welfare Officer with students who have Medical needs related issues
- Maintain stock resources, ordering new replacements as agreed with colleagues, and support the work across the team
- Contribute in the presentation of students’ work and maintenance of display areas
- Assist with the preparation and tidying of the classroom
- Attend and contribute to duty related meetings as required
- Assist in the planning and implementation of structured and agreed learning activities
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- The post-holder’s duties must at all times be carried out in compliance with the Academy’s Equal Opportunities Policy and other policies designed to protect employees or service users from harassment a) Take reasonable care of the health and safety of self, other persons and resources whilst at work b) Co-operate with management of the Academy as far as is necessary to enable the responsibilities placed upon the Academy under the Health and Safety at Work Act to be performed e.g. operate safe working practices c) It is the duty of the post-holder not to act in a prejudicial or discriminating manner towards others associated with the academy, including those who may be for example from ethnic minority communities, women, disabled or older people, lesbians or gay men. The post holder should also counteract such practice or behaviour by challenging or reporting it
- Effective use of ICT to support learning
- Ability to assist the teacher in planning class activities
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with children, adults and external agencies
- Ability to relate to children/young people from diverse/social backgrounds
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to work with children exhibiting behavioural difficulties
- Courteous to colleagues and provide a welcoming environment to visitors and telephone callers
- Understanding of relevant policies/codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation commitment to on-going personal training and development
- Experience of working with children/young people in a school environment
- Educated to GCSE grade ‘C/4’ level or above including English and maths or be able to demonstrate equivalent qualification
- Experience of assisting class teachers in delivering the curriculum
- Completion of DfES Teacher Assistant Induction Programme
- NVQ 3 for Teaching Assistants or equivalent qualifications or experience
- Training in the relevant learning strategies e.g. Literacy
- Understanding of National Foundation Stage curriculum and other basic learning programmes/strategies
- Understanding of Child Development and Learning
- Understanding and commitment to Equal Opportunities and how this relates to the duties of the post
|Things to Consider:
Possibility of securing permanent employment on successful completion of the Apprenticeship.
Things to consider
The first stage after your initial application will be to attend an interview with a member of the team at Kirklees College.
You must attend an interview at the college for your application to progress.
Candidates may be asked to complete an assessment as part of their application.
For any further information on this vacancy please contact the Apprenticeship Recruitment Team at Kirklees college by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 01484 437 000 ext. 8630. There is no need to contact the employer at this stage, the college is more than happy to help you with any queries you may have.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
|Link to Vacancy:
|To apply you need to register on the national apprenticeship website, follow the link above
||22 DEC 2019
At Thornhill Community Academy we have a firm commitment towards achieving our goal of becoming an outstanding Academy. We sit at the heart of our community and are embodied by our motto of ‘A School, A Family, A Community’. Our mission is to improve the life chances of all our students by ensuring that excellent teaching and learning, within a safe and inclusive environment, is at the heart of everything we do.
Rate this article:
Number of views (16)