Published on Tuesday, July 13, 2021
Apprentice Early Years Practitioner
Pomfret Childrens Centre Nursery - Pontefract
- Provide care and attend to the welfare of children at all times
- Maintain and provide a safe environment
- Be involved in planning long term and day to day activities to stimulate and promote development of the children
- Help the children to develop basic social skills and promote good hygiene standards
- Provide a safe and clean environment in accordance with Health and Safety Regulations
- Understand the importance of safeguarding procedures and maintaining confidentiality
- Assist in snack and mealtimes
- Participate in relevant training
- Setting up of pre-school, indoors and out
- Good practical skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to organise, plan and prioritise on own initiative, including when under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work flexibly and enthusiastically within a team or on own initiative
- Attention to detail
- Proactive work ethic
- People person
- Career driven and wanting to push themselves
- Commitment to achieving the qualification
- You must enjoy the outdoors in all weather conditions
|| English and maths GCSE grade at C/4 or equivalent qualifications would be desirable but not essential.
|Things to Consider:
|| Please check bus times before applying for the role if using public transport to make sure the setting is accessible for yourself.
|Link to Vacancy:
|| Apprentice Early Years Practitioner - Find an apprenticeship (findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk)
|| Before you apply for this apprenticeship you must first create an account with the gov apprenticeship website, please follow link above. If you already have an account you'll just need to sign in.
|| 29 Aug 2021
||We are situated within the Pomfret Children’s Centre, located in the south of Pontefract, on Rookhill Road within the Chequerfield estate. We are within easy travelling distance of the major road networks, and a short walk from a major bus route into Pontefract and Castleford.
We cater for children from 0-11 years, offering flexible childcare, funded Nursery Education place and a holiday club for 3-11 year olds. The nursery is an open plan nursery, with the space split to accommodate 2 room bases, bumble bees which cater for our youngest children [under 2 yrs.] and then a main area where the ladybirds [2-3 yrs.] and butterflies [3-4 yrs.] are based.
Rate this article:
Number of views (39)