Published on Friday, February 7, 2020
Beauty Therapist Lvl 2
Beauty At 22
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has a true interest and passion in the beauty industry. Working in this well-established beauty salon, you would work as part of the team to ensure the high standards and customer service this salon thrives on are maintained.
This salon is very busy and the standards are high so candidates must bear in mind they will need to be an excellent multi-tasker and whilst they are learning must be willing to work within all aspects of the salon.
The wide variety of therapies and treatments that this salon has to offer is an exceptional opportunity for someone who is passionate about becoming a beauty therapist and starting out a career in this vocation.
The ideal candidate will have the following duties:
- Working on reception answering calls, meeting and greeting customers, booking clients in and taking payments all whilst offering excellent customer service
- Maintain the highest hygiene and cleanliness standards whilst ensuring all health and safety standards are maintained at all times
- Complete and maintain client records
- Maintain a professional relationship with clients
- Attain personal and salon targets
- Retailing of services and products
- Cleaning the salon, ensuring the salon is clean, tidy and presentable All rooms are tidied before and after use
- Under clear instructions from the therapist you will prepare any items for treatments
- Work in relation to senior staff ensuring work areas are cleaned and prepared, contributing to the efficient running of the salon
- Perform beauty treatments to the highest standard to which you are qualified and experience
- Working with the therapist you will start to learn basic beauty treatments and build on this as you work through your NVQ
- Take part in any training that the salon provides for you in addition to the NVQ
- For the right applicant there is the opportunity of a permanent position at the end of the apprenticeship programme
- Further training will be provided by the salon owner in addition to the apprenticeship
- Fantastic opportunity for a committed individual
Apprentices must show commitment to the following:
- To achieve apprenticeship framework (Functional Skills, NVQ and Technical Certificate) within the specified time frame
- Attend the apprenticeship induction programme
- Attend all of the training sessions for the programme whenever necessary
- Undertake any other required development work as part of the apprenticeship programme as requested
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by senior staff
Apprenticeships start throughout the year and are open to any age of candidate.
- It is important that qualifications are listed on your application no matter what the grade, as your application is sifted and sent to the employer based on meeting the Employer’s Vacancy Criteria
- Please log into NAS (National Apprenticeship Service) on a regular basis and look at the “Read Feedback” section against each individual application
- Multi tasker
- Able to follow instructions but also show initiative
- Good communication skills
- Good Telephone skills
- Organisational skills
- Good work ethic
- Excellent timekeeping skills
- Be able to work long shifts being active
- Enthusiastic approach to all aspects of work
- Professional and presentable appearance
- Able to work as part of a team
3 GCSEs grade A*-D/9-3 including English or equivalent qualifications.
|Things to Consider:
Possible progression on to advanced level in Beauty and full time employment for the right candidate.
Things to consider
Please Note: This role may require long periods of standing.
Please provide a mobile telephone number on your application, if successful, an invitation via text message will be sent to you, to attend college for approval on the apprenticeship programme.
It is essential you attend this interview to process in full your application to the employer.
Please note that certificates showing acquired qualifications are required as part of your application, please bring with you the following information to your approval meeting at college:
- Photographic proof of ID
- Qualification certificates
- National Insurance Number
- Updated CV
Please send your updated CV before the vacancy closing date to email@example.com
Please ensure in the subject box of your email that you type your “Full Name” and “Apprenticeship Subject Area”
If you require help with putting together a CV or Interview skills, please contact: 01226 216 123 for our FREE Workshops.
Please ensure travel to this employer's location is realistic and something you could commit to.
|Link to Vacancy:
|To apply you need to register on the national apprenticeship website, follow the link above
||23 FEB 2020
Well established beauty salon based in Wakefield.
Rate this article:
Number of views (41)