Published on Tuesday, August 6, 2019
Apprentice Quantity Surveyor
- To assist the Regional Quantity Surveyor to ensure that all contracts are run in line with budgetary and specification requirements
- Preparation and issue of subcontract enquiries
- Procurement of quotes and carrying out analysis
- Negotiation of rates
- Communication to include feedback of tender information to subcontractors
- Placing orders following support and instruction from the Regional Quantity Surveyor
- Assisting the Regional QS with site visits to carry out progress reports and check on measure
- Supporting with cost coding of both sub-contract and materials information and assisting with negotiations with sub-contractors concerning day works, variations, etc.
- Assisting with the recording and payment of labour only subcontractors
- Placing of Minor works daywork orders applicable to the domestic subcontractors
- Assisting in the monitoring of all potential claims, general price increases, and day works and costing of all variations
- Distribution of drawings, schedules and general information to Sub-Contractors
- Assisting in requesting and chasing subcontractor pre-qualification information
- Preparation of contra charges as directed by the Regional Quantity Surveyor
- Measurement of quantities to aid budgetary compilation using computer software
- Any other duties deemed associated with the role of an Apprentice Quantity surveyor
- Information Technology skills
- Administration Skills
- Communication Skills
- Numeracy Skills
- Public Speaking Skills
- Team Building Skills
- Literacy Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Organisational Skills
- Manual Work Skills
- The ability to work partly independent in some cases, yet be effective with communication when required
- An interest in house building
|| 5 GCSE A*-C/9-4 including maths and English or equivalent.
|Things to Consider:
|| Please ensure that you have sustainable travel to the site.
|Link to Vacancy:
This apprenticeship requires you to apply through the employer's website.
|| 26th August 2019
|| Construction of residential and non-residential buildings. Gleeson specialise in in building low costs homes on brownfield sites across the north of England, transforming areas of derelict land into brand new communities of new homes which are priced to suit local people.
Rate this article:
Number of views (64)