Published on Wednesday, August 7, 2019
Apprentice Childcare Practitioner
- To assist with the planning of the curriculum meeting individual children’s needs and desirable learning outcomes using the revised Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum for guidance
- Provide high quality teaching offering appropriate stimulation and support to scaffold children’s learning
- Act as a keyperson to a small group of children, liaising closely with parents/carers and building effective relationships with parents/carers ensuring each child’s needs are recognised and met. Including receiving and delivering children to and from parents
- Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members and possibly other agencies
- Ensure Nursery is a safe environment for children, staff and other visitors and that the equipment is safe, standards of hygiene are high, safety procedures are implemented at all times
- To help to set up the playroom and outdoor area for the daily programme and to help tidy away and clean at the end of the day
- Ensure that children are kept safe and that you understand when to follow child protection procedures.
- To advise the Nursery Leader/Deputy or Owner of any concerns regarding children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To support meal and snack times within the setting (including taking children to school for their lunch).
- To complete, update and record children’s progress on a regular basis by means of evidence gathering and observations.
- To actively participate at team meetings and attend regular staff meetings.
- To attend in-service training courses and meetings as required.
- To promote the nursery positively at all times to parents, potential clients and any nursery associates.
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff, as per the confidentiality agreement (which is in addition to your terms and conditions of employment). To keep completely confidential any information regarding the finances, and business information regarding Badsworth Nursery employees and associates.
- Continue personal professional development by accessing higher level qualifications as appropriate and other relevant incidental qualifications.
- Obtain and keep updated First Aid, Safeguarding and Food Hygiene Certificates.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the Nursery Leader/Deputy or Owner in accordance with the Nursery’s business plan/objectives.
It is essential that you have :
- Previous experience of working with young children
- Have a sound understanding of child development and of children’s needs for children aged from birth to 11 years
- Have the ability to plan and implement the nursery framework (EYFS) in accordance with nursery’s ethos and planning policy
- Have the ability to work with parents and to encourage their involvement
- Have a commitment to equal opportunities and understanding of religious and cultural diversity
- Have an ability to write clear reports
- Be able to provide a clear Enhanced DBS check at all times
- Willingness to learn
- Friendly, flexible approach
- Continuous professional development path
- Confident in own abilities within a childrens' setting
||Ideally you will hold a Level 2 qualification in Childcare but if you do not but have extensive experience in a childcare setting please do apply.
|Things to Consider:
||The location of the employer - a driver or someone who lives locally would be an advantage as public transport is unreliable.
|Link to Vacancy:
||Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
|| 30 Aug 2019
Rate this article:
Number of views (101)