Published on Thursday, July 30, 2020
Apprentice Care Assistant
Snydale Care Home
Day to day duties include:
- Ensure that dignity, privacy, respect and resident’s choice is maintained and provide the highest possible levels of care by supporting/assisting Residents, when required, with washing, toileting, dressing, undressing, eating and drinking and all other aspects of daily living
- Assist Residents in all aspects of their care needs (e.g. physical, emotional and spiritual)
- Ensure appropriate person centered care, support and treatment is given to the residents to meet their needs
- Pay particular attention to assisting Residents who have limited mobility, or physical / learning difficulties
- Closely monitor Residents who may be confused and / or who have behavioural problems. Report all behavioural problems to the person in charge, ensure these are recorded
- Observe care planning needs and risk assessments for Residents and complete written daily records as instructed and in line with the company’s policies and procedures
- Assist in framework of social activities by interacting with Residents and helping them continue with hobbies and activities in the Care Home
- Answer Nurse call system, giving assistance as required
- Make Visitors feel welcome. Provide refreshments/assistance as and when required
- Make and change beds, ensuring that rooms are clean and tidy, and commodes are empty, in line with the company’s disposal of waste policy
- Clean and maintain equipment used by Residents / Relatives e.g. wheelchairs, hoists, hearing aids, spectacles etc.
- Ensure the Care Home is kept clean and tidy
- Previous experience as a carer is an advantage
- Strong team player
- Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Care home
- Caring, compassionate with good people skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
No specific qualifications are required but GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English are preferable.
|Things to Consider:
Upon completion of the 14-month apprenticeship program, depending on performance and availability you may be offered a full-time role or progression onto the level 3 apprenticeship with the Warmest Welcome Group.
Things to consider
The wage displayed for a 16 to 18-year-old, if aged 21 to 24 the hourly rate is £8.20 and for candidates aged 25 and over the rate is £8.72.
|Link to Vacancy:
||This apprenticeship requires you to apply through the employer's website. Click apply on the above link to get to the employer's website
||04 Sep 2020
Warmest Welcome established in 2006 - With many years’ experience in the care industry, Warmest Welcome Ltd is an evolving business, offering high quality care homes to customers throughout the Yorkshire region.
Rate this article:
Number of views (30)